Choosy Beggar

A self-indulgent tribute to accomplishing as little as possible and then complaining about it.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Take on me

First things first: my weekend. Heaven I tells ya. Pure heaven. It all kicked off at one of my oldest friend's birthday bash. She had organised a Murder Mystery soiree which was actually a lot more fun that it sounds! Everyone dressed up to do justice to their characters (I was cast as ‘the slut next door’ – strange that…) and attacked the sangria and gourmet pizza dinner with a gusto deserving of some kind of health warning.

Having guessed the murderer correctly (being of the paranoid CSI generation) we retired to the upstairs flat and proceeded to murder (pun intended!!) some great 80’s classics with the PlayStation SingStar game. Holy schmoly is that fun or WHAT? Seriously loving C and my rendition of A-ha’s Take on Me. We may have sounded like drowning cats but hey, since when has the ability to actually carry a note been a prerequisite for karaoke?

Stumbled home at 2AM and woke up on Sat with a burning throat and a deep regret for not having paid attention in voice class at varsity…STRAINING!

Spent Saturday being pampered at a beauty parlour – compliments of The Company, who is trying to win us over with gifts and flattery…I’ll take it but I can’t guarantee that I’ll like it…

Got to hang out with New Fella on Saturday evening and spent time just laughing and chatting and having some drinks, which is pretty much perfection for me at the moment. He gets some special props for looking after me when I had ‘lady cramps’ and liking me even though I turned into a whiny, moany monster.

Having that indecisive ‘love’ quarrel with myself in my head. Not sure if it’s appropriate to be saying how I feel yet…may be too soon, but maybe not…aaaaaargh, I don’t know. Had such a wonderful evening with him last night – movies and drinks and really great conversation which just makes me want to ravage him right there on his bar stool. Got home and had a truly amazing evening *blush*. So much so that I felt that familiar girly emotion welling up and bursting to tell him how I feel…

God I just read through that – vomit! I sound like a fucking high schooler. Jesus wept, I’d better fucking toughen up and stop living like a fucking Mills and Boon character in my head!

Excuse the rant.

Oh it must be mentioned that last Wednesday I had the girls from work around for a serious bought of drinking and pizza making. I even rolled the dough with my own fair hands. Commander Clean was away and we went apeshit. Inhaled 5 bottles of wine and started going through his drawers – tallied up a nice total of competely freaky items in his bedside table:
1 x tube of K-Y Jelly (large);
1 x litre container of hair gel (industrial strength);
2 x sets of denture mould thingies (totally freaky);
A veritable schmorgasbord of strange instruments and knick knacks.

WEIRDO!

4 Comments:

At 3:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!

i think if i had to rummage through my drawers with an outsider's perspective, i'd also find a few freaky things :) weirdo!

 
At 9:32 pm, Blogger Revolving Credit said...

Whatever you do, don't mistake the hairgel for the KY....it pains me just thinking of it.

 
At 1:02 pm, Blogger Choosy said...

O-D: Lookit! It lives, it liiiiiiives - thanks for all your help! So what strange things do you have in your drawers? ;-)

r.c: ouch...although, that DOES give me a bit of a wicked plan...swopsies...mwahahaha!

 
At 2:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

agg.. just this, that and the other.

you asked :)

BTW thanks for the great weather vibes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home