Choosy Beggar

A self-indulgent tribute to accomplishing as little as possible and then complaining about it.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Enough with the fuckin' sunshine. Enough with the spreading of joy and the heralding of all things good. As if having a violent strain of flu that closely resmbles the ebola virus was not enough, I now have to contend with Commander Clean's denim clad sugar mommy being around all the fuckin' time. And Florence Nightingale she is not.

Picture this, if you will:

We open on a bedroom littered with packing detritus - boxes, tape, clothes in piles on the floor. Our heroine is in bed, dying from a previously undiscovered strain of flu that, in the future, will wipe out mankind as we know it.

Choosy (to herself in delirium): Rage, rage against the dying of the light...
Sugar Mommy: not very far in the packing are you, honey?
Choosy (through gritted teeth): yes, well, the flu you see, I-
Sugar Mommy: I remember when I packed my place up...blah blah blah
Choosy: Look you ugly, old lump of uselessness, get the fuck out of my room before I breathe toxic fumes all over your heinous over-teased head.

Ok, so I didnt actually say that but halfway through her rambling I started up a hacking cough to remind her who's boss. She scarpered pretty quickly.

She clearly has designs on moving in with Commander Clean and wants me out ASAP. Trust me lovie, I am trying my damnedest. I have one more night, just one more night of this and then I can close the 'Living with OCD' chapter of my life. You are welcome to it, just don't be surprised when he decides to snuggle up next to his first loves - the mop and bucket - instead of you.

As an aside, I leave for a ten day holiday to London Town tomorrow afternoon - can't bloody wait! I'm gonna stay wif me mates what I worked wif and we're gonna get well pissed innit! I have to sneak out of The Company around 1ish so that I can make my 4PM flight...not really bovvered but a tad worried they'll catch me leopard crawling past reception...

Bring on the London sunshine! (before you die in a fit of laughter, they're apparently having an Indian Summer - read: 'freaky heatwave')

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1 Comments:

At 5:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you feel better.

enjoy the trip. i'm heading over there next year to work. looking forward to staring at my shoes on the subway :)

say to the queen for me will ya?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home